With the multitude of standards on bikes these days, the “need to know” info on any Black Mountain Cycles frame is simple, proven, and reliable.
- The US made frame doesn’t have as much tire clearance in back as the Taiwanese frames do. Max tire size in back is 45mm. A bit more up front.
- Tubing is True Temper Verus
- Brakes – Disc brake only. Both the front and rear use standard IS brake mounting. Max rotor size is 160mm. Minimum rotor size is 160mm.
- Headset – Standard 1 1/8” external cup. A variety of headsets are available with frame purchase on the shop page.
- Bottom bracket – Standard British 1.37” x 24tpi threaded
- Recommended crank/chainring sizes: single ring up to a 44; double 50/34, 46/36 or 34, 46/30; and pretty much any common triple will work.
- Rear wheel spacing – 135mm
- Seat post size – 27.2mm
- Front derailleur size – 28.6mm. Cable pull is from the top so a roller is also included for bottom pull derailleurs.
- Hub axles – Standard quick release (9mm front, 10mm rear)
- Vertical rear dropouts with a Paragon Machine Works 7075 long hanger #B4023
- Top tube cable routing
- The frame is made with blind bottle bosses and all main tube vent holes are sealed for superior corrosion resistance. The seat tube is, obviously, open at the top. A shot of Boeshield or Framesaver down the seat tube would be recommended.
||Seat Tube C-T
||Top Tube (Effective)
At this time, only 56cm and 59cm are available. There is no schedule for a subsequent production run of other sizes.